9/06/2012

My first Note(s)

Hello,

This is my first entry, so please let me to start with my history. I met with IBM Lotus technology early 2000s. This time I used 5.x version. My first application was a website. I worked on it about for a month or more. Was not easy. But nowadays with XPages we can do a simple website under a few days. Really, it is so that fast.

I had working with Lotus Notes for 3 months when I finished my 2nd application. It was a Registry System for a University. I presented my app for a group of professors... the deep water (within sharks), but I solved.
 Those days there was no type-ahead in the programmer's pane,but we had the amazing 64K problem on code segment. Nowadays we can do a front end type-ahead function for the users by a few click (both rich- and thin client).
 About a year ago I got a type-ahead issue, where the source view was more than 64k. My costumer insisted on type ahead from the first letter. XPages has a very great part: the particular refresh. I solved that problem with some additional views and used the particular refresh. The result: not all the entries travelling across the network, but some changes on the keyword documents appears later.
I think the XPage technology is great, but there are some more issues about it.We are looking forward for the new release.

No comments:

Post a Comment